SESSION #3 – SITE VISITS
The task was to visit a place of one’s own choice situated within a reachable distance. The choice should be made on the basis of the soil and the location, the people, the stories, the history and what is special about the place.
In order to get to know the place in as much detail as possible and to experience it in a multi-layered way, there were the following given tasks on site:
– Photo safari (micro-details to panoramas)
– Mapping of the place (drawing)
– 1 min short video about the very special
– Collage of materials
– Documentation of the ephemeral
– Documentation of the permanent aspects
– Soil sample 1: excavation 10x10x10cm
– Local soil material that can be worked with
The results of the site visit were presented in a digital presentation and documentated using an Indesign template.