Insourcing—If you wanted to produce the display in the immediate vicinity, how large would the radius be?
There are a variety of metals built into an LCD screen, all of which serve an important purpose. These are mined all over the world7. The animation shown is not so much intended to explain, but rather to ask whether Germany-wide mining of the essential metals would be possible. The screen in connection with the cables shows where there are deposits of these essential metals in Germany.
Occurence in Germany related to metals in LCD screen 2:
– Storkwitz, Delitzsch, Saxony: Traces of rare earths present, special investigations were missing 5.6
– Petersberg (Delitzsch): (Epitdote/Synchite-(Ce)) Yttrium, Lanthanum, Cerium, Praseodymium, Neodymium, Dysprosium 1.5
– Upper resin: Silver (also: lead, copper, zinc) 5
– Reichelsdorfe Mountain: Cobalt 5
– Pechtelsgrün: Tungsten 5
– Erzgebirge district: Cobalt, gold, silver 3.5